Leading global Microsoft Practice is now seeking multiple talented Senior Software Engineers to join the team.
Location: Norwich // Home Based
Modality is an award-winning technology company specializing in Microsoft Unified Communications & Collaboration technologies. We have successfully delivered advanced solutions and desired business outcomes to a broad portfolio of clients.
About The Team
We’re an open, honest, friendly and supportive team focused on building products which help companies get the most out of Microsoft collaboration tools. We use the latest and greatest tools available on the Microsoft stack to build Azure based solutions for our customers and we always welcome innovative ideas to make our products better.
About The Role
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be working as an integral part of a small, agile product team in our Norwich office. You’ll be involved in product releases from planning and design through to release, and will work with product managers, testers and business stakeholders to create and extend the innovative products our customers know us for.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of building high performing and reliable systems
- Continually be looking to improve your expertise, knowledge and skills
- Maintain an interest in the latest technologies and how they can be incorporated to improve the output of the team and be used in greenfield development
- Happy to share knowledge with the team and provide mentorship to increase efficiency and improve standards within the team
- Believe automated testing is beneficial, not a chore, adopting a test-first approach to writing code
- .NET core development experience (3 years+)
- You have developed code that runs within a cloud environment (in particular MS Azure)
- Experience working with REST based APIs for working with data.
- Understanding of various database technologies such as SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and why they are important
- Ability to estimate effort for the completion of User Stories
Why choose a career with Modality?
At Modality, we have several goals. We’re a leading Microsoft Partner and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognized and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognize the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, at Modality the opportunities for growth are endless.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Modality team, then don’t hesitate to apply now!