Microsoft UC Support Specialist Level 4 required for one of the fastest-growing MSPs in Cyberjaya / Malaysia
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Modality - About Us
Modality is an award-winning Managed IT practice with a specialism in outsourced Managed IT services with a global presence. We help Enterprise organisations to realise their business value through the transformational impact of Modern Work Place Technologies, pro-active Security services, leading Cloud-based technologies including Microsoft Azure and LAN, WLAN, WAN services.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the Role:
The Microsoft UC Support Specialist will have a specialisation in UC/Skype for Business/Teams customer solution support and troubleshooting at the 4th Line level. Responsible for achieving and maintaining system availability and performance SLAs, they will also provide subject-matter expertise and mentoring to the wider team.
You will also be expected to act as a line of escalation for highly complex technical problems both in and out of hours. Working alongside Consultants and Support Specialists, the role will fulfil customer delivery to the highest standard.
The role requires to work on rotational shift (Especially APAC and NA) and rotational weekends (On-call)
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Responding to escalated incidents
- Actively monitor systems; investigate and resolve issues
- Perform best practice management and configuration of systems and services using appropriate tools, techniques, and process
- Conduct annual High Availability and Disaster Recovery testing for resilient customer environments
- Project delivery support
What we’d like from you:
- 5+ years experience in Skype for Business infrastructure support and Microsoft Teams management.
- 5+ years’ experience of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and supporting services.
- 3+ years’ experience administration and maintenance of Session Border Controllers such as Acme Packets, Ribbon/Sonus & AudioCodes.
- 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft Teams infrastructure support and management.
- 3+ years experience with PowerShell administration and scripting.
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server administration and maintenance.
- Experience of Skype for Business hybrid and resource forest deployments, O365, MIM/FIM and 3rd party products such as Verba Call Recording, Anywhere365 & SphereShield preferable.
- Microsoft 365 certifications in Teams and other related areas would be preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or in a related field of study
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team Modality, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At Modality, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 20 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Medical Insurance Enrolment: Will take place after probation is passed
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Shift, Travel & Parking Allowance: RM 950 allowance per month
- Overtime: All staff are eligible for overtime (if required)
- Training: Comprehensive induction and training plan to ensure you have all of the necessary skills to be successful
- Office Location & Environment: Working in a modern new office with good facilities in the immediate location
Why choose a career with Modality?
At Modality, we have several goals. We’re a leading Microsoft Partner and continuing to grow as organisations modernise their ways of working and look for a trusted expert to help them on this journey. If you want to be part of a growing team with a market-leading set of managed IT services, then look no further. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, at Modality the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
Modality has a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team that work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.